Enterprise Server: How to Set Up Slack and PagerDuty Integration
In order to provide notifications about issues discovered in your database, pganalyze provides support for integrating with Slack or PagerDuty. These integrations require additional setup for pganalyze Enterprise Server.
First you will need to create your own Slack "app". You should be able to follow the Slack instructions. It does not need to be a published app. Once this is done, go through the following:
- Under Oauth & Permissions in the Slack app, the redirect URLs should include the address where you're hosting pganalyze—e.g., https://app.pganalyze.com for the public pganalyze app
- On the same page, the Scopes should be "channels:read" and "chat:write"
- Copy the generated Client ID and Client Secret and set those as
SLACK_CLIENT_SECRETin your pganalyze config
- Install your Slack app to your Slack workspace: You can do this in Slack through the Apps section in the left-hand menu
- In pganalyze, go to the Integrations tab in the Settings page and enable the Slack integration
You will need to create a new integration in PagerDuty. You should be able to follow the PagerDuty instructions. Once this is done, go through the following:
- Under Event Integration in PagerDuty, the Simple Install Flow should include the address where you're hosting pganalyze—e.g., https://app.pganalyze.com for the public pganalyze app (make sure to save your changes when done)
- Copy the
app_idfrom Integration Setup URL in that same section section, and add that to your pganalyze config as
PAGERDUTY_APP_ID(note that this is not the same id you see in the URL bar)
- In pganalyze, go to the Integrations tab in the Settings page and enable PagerDuty integration
Couldn't find what you were looking for or want to talk about something specific?
Start a conversation with us →